Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lore Sampson's Chapter 7 Reflections

New Idea
The main idea I learned from reading this chapter is that the internet is a rich resource of information that if used correctly can greatly expand experiences and increase learning for students. I think that students must be taught how to research information using key words and detect reputable resources and discard unreliable sites. The internet gives students the opportunity to be more independent in their learning as well as search for information that is more readily available. In addition to this the internet opens up many possibilities for student learning such as virtual field trips, weblogs, search engines, chat rooms, Webquests and much, much more.

Integration
After reading this chapter my idea for integration would be to have my students perform a search on an animal and gain some information. Then I would have my students go to the National Geographic Site and they would need to create a film about the animal that they chose. Then they would present their film and animal to the class.

Concern
My main concern after reading this chapter is being able to teach students how to be safe using the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Lore,
    Using the internet safely is a big concern in society today. That is something that I thinkis very important. So many kids use the internet inappropriatly. As teachers, I think we need to be constantly remind our students what the internet is used for. Then when they get older, hopefully they will understand that it is a rich resource to help them locate information.

    ReplyDelete